Saturday, January 14, 2012

Decorative stitches frame

I'm in the midst of furnishing and decorating our previously non-furnished guest bedroom to be my craft room.  After much discussion with my husband, he convinced me that furnishing this room to be a guest room for the 1% of the year that it is used as such when I clearly need some space and storage for my crafts was ridiculous.  After finally buying into his logic, I've been gathering furniture and decor ideas all around.  I'll share the final results as I finish getting the final furniture pieces and get some decor projects finished - it's coming along quite well!

In the meantime, here's one project I did today towards the room.  I used my sewing machine and a variety of colors to show the various decorative stitches the sewing machine has at my disposal.  I had an old frame that could show of these stitches in a fun way with many little picture areas, but it was a black painted frame.  I didn't like the black frame with the style of the room, so I spray-painted it silver with Krylon stainless steel spray paint.  Here's the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment