Monday, February 20, 2012

Felt Wreath

A few weeks ago I finished a fun (now that it's over) project of a felt wreath.



I started seeing felt wreaths all over the internet, and when I saw this wonderful tutorial and had to make one for our bedroom!  http://www.designsponge.com/2009/12/diy-project-kristens-ruffly-felt-wreath.html

Thankfully, the project started out pretty easy for me.  Emmy was a trooper and worked on cutting lots of felt circles for me while I did some pant mending for her.  Here's Emmy having some fun.


It took LOTS of felt circles to make this.  I adore the outcome, but I wanted to give fair warning that those circles are killer!  Here's a small stack of them.


Just look at all those circles in place, smooshed onto the wreath together!



The wreath hasn't found it's final resting place quite yet (there's an order of operations problem, we need to hang up a print that we just got back from the framer before we can figure out where to hang the wreath!), but I certain it is going to add a nice, homely touch to our bedroom.  I'll repost as it finds its final resting place!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, SewAlluring.com, and commenting. I saw your finished apron, and it looked great! This felt wreath is really cute too... I need to keep looking around your site :)

    ReplyDelete