Thursday, March 1, 2012

Re-purposed music paper & fabric scraps

In the search for more crafts my mother-in-law and I stopped by a local thrift and antique store.  While there, I found a piano book that was for sale that had the nicely aged look to the pages.  I bought it and started turning the paper into some fun creations that I'm hoping to use in some shadowboxes for the craft room.  My mother-in-lay also created some dress forms from her scrap fabric that I could use for the shadowboxes as well.  Check out the results so far!






2 comments:

  1. How did you get such perfect roses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie! I have to say a cheated a bit... I used my Silhouette cutting machine to cut the paper in the proper shape that I could then just twirl it around and pin it on itself to make this shape. You could just have a printer print the shape on top of paper you want to use and cut it out by hand though. Here's the shape I used that enables you to twirl the paper into a rose-looking shape!

    JPG: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5jtoB2rF58Xcjh6N1lNNUk3Tm8/edit
    Illustrator (AI): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5jtoB2rF58XemJKUVRocXA5cE0/edit

    Feel free to grab it for your projects. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete