Sunday, January 20, 2013

Valentine's Day Home Decor

Every year as I take down the Christmas decor, I yearn to put something back in its place to keep the cozy, decorated home feeling.  I don't have a lot of Valentine's day decorations, so this year I set out to add to my collection.

Project 1 - Conversation Heart Love Decor
I had given Derek a new band saw for Christmas, and he was nice enough to change the blade over and cut out some heart shapes for me out of some spare maple he had from another project.  I then took these hearts and painted them with various colors and mixtures of acrylic paint.  On my Silhouette printer, I then designed the L-O-V-E letters and the Conversation Heart messages and printed them out on vinyl.  Using transfer paper, I transfered the vinyl over to the painted hearts.  After some playing around with the layouts, we finally settled on one and used CA glue to tack it all together.  I finished it off with some Tuff Pads on the bottom to protect whatever surface we put this cute decor item on!





Project 2 - Ribbon Wreath

For this project, I wrapped ribbon around a styrofoam circle and then added a few ribbon and felt accents.  I then added one more accent from a prior anniversary card that I thought had a nice styling to it.  Now its ready to be hung!


I'll post some in-the-process pictures of the conversation hearts project later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the DIY conversation hearts! They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were fun to make too :)

    ReplyDelete