Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cross-Stitch iPhone Cover

One of the gifts I handmade this Christmas was for my husband's iPhone.



We both have the same iPhone with the same bumper/cover.  We constantly picked each other's up!  I saw a post online about this little ingenious cross-stitch cover, which you can get from Purl Soho here: http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/products/item/8333-Leese-Design-iPhone-4-Cross-Stitch-Case.  It comes in a variety of base colors.  I choose black since I knew that was a comfortable color for my husband!

Purl sent my case cover to me quickly, nicely wrapped, and with a hand-made note!  I was impressed.  The cover itself is made by a Korean company, Leese design.  If you're interested, you can see their website here: http://leesedesign.com/shop/main/index.php.  Below are some pics of the packaging.  It was nicely made from all angles, I had no issues with the product at all!

(Note: scratches on the plastic are due to me stuffing this in random locations to hide it from my husband.  It did not arrive this way!)


The product came with three colors of floss, as shown on the Purl Soho site, as well as a cross-stitch needle.  I choose the dark bluish grey as a color that wouldn't pop too much, but would give my husband's phone a nice personal touch.  Clearly you could buy your own embroidery floss to work with as well!

Included in the packaging


The product also came with a pamphlet that covered how to cross stitch (this was my first cross-stitch project, but I mostly just made it up as I went!), and included a bunch of patterns that you could use on the phone including a power icon, car, scooter, teddy bear, hearts, and an ace of clubs.


Included patterns


It was a fun project and it came out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment